North of Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau Information Specialist
This position reports directly to the Executive Director
This position is a part time position (approximately 12-16 hours per week). Hours of operation are 7 days a week – 363 days per year (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas). Must be able to work at least one weekend shift per week. Shifts vary between 4 to 5 hours. Regular Hours: Columbus Day to Memorial Day – 9am to 5pm. Extended Hours during peak season: Memorial Day to Columbus Day – 8am to 6pm. Time and a half will be paid for Information Specialists working on Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day
$12.75 per hour
Scope and Basic Functions:
The ideal Information Specialist is passionate about creating the highest quality Visitor Center experience for daily visitors, in a facility that receives over 350,000 visitors annually. The ideal candidate is team-oriented and collaborative.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Respond to walk-in and telephone inquiries
- Ensure that visitor center is safe, clean, well presented, efficiently organized, easy to use, accessible and adheres to Covid-19 health standards.
- Provide travelers with information such as directions, weather conditions, traffic information as well as information about regional and state-wide tourism businesses (lodging, dining, attractions, etc.)
- Receive, organize, display and distribute promotional visitor guides and other printed material relating to travel and tourism in the North of Boston Region.
- Provide concierge service to visitors seeking to book lodging.
- Maintain inventory and re-stock brochures, rack cards, maps, and retail product as needed.
- Operate a cash register with the ability to reconcile sales at the end of each shift.
- Any other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Required:
- Pleasant and professional approach and demeanor
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in a customer service capacity
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with fellow CVB team members.
- Ability to establish and maintain simple inventory and records
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Valid US Driver’s license required
Work Environment (ADA Analysis):
Work is primarily performed at the Maria Miles Visitor Center, located on I-95 Southbound, Exit 60 in Salisbury, a public facility that receives over 400,000 visitors annually. May be exposed to environmental conditions of moderate to high noise levels from visitors and traveling vehicles, occasional odors from composted waste system and vibrations from high-speed printers and other peripherals. Potentially exposed to hazards or atmospheric conditions at client sites. In most cases, worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Work may involve operation of personal computer to access Internet, spreadsheets, etc. Travel to various worksites may be required, depending upon assignment. Visual acuity requirements for Close visual acuity and Driving.
Category of Light to Moderate work – occasionally exerting force to move objects, such as boxes of brochures, merchandise, banners, and other required promotional materials. Seasonal work may include shoveling around entrances and scattering ice melt.
Physical Requirements may include:
Walking, Small motor coordination, Grasping, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive motion, Standing, Driving, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Reaching, Stooping
Contact: Ann Marie Casey, Executive Director
- The Chamber
- Business Resources
- Salisbury Beach Cam North
- Job Postings